Google  
Web    Images    Groups    News    Froogle    more »
  Advanced Search
  Preferences    
 Web Results 1 - 10 for Implobbable[definition].  
 
    
Sponsored Links



« Home

Posts

Damn that Japanese Food
Mother's Day #1, Results
Ack! No Posts!
Own some of Britney's Pee
Wow.
Ok, I give up
So many choices
Tom Cruise, Actress Katie Holmes Dating - Yahoo! News
Hum along with me
programming
 
     Archives
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
 
     Links

Blogroll Me!

« ? TBBF Webring # »

I'm a geek too.

So I was reading on Patrick's Blog and figured if he could admit to his geek-ness, I could too. First off, does anyone know if its possible to do a trackback on blogger? I was trying to trackback to his entry, but no.

Anyways. I got a postcard from directv saying that new software will be downloaded to my tivo the next time I dial up and connect with it. Unfortunately, I have Vonage at the house so dialing up with a modem does not work too well (read: at all). But, you can set up the tivo to communicate out via serial port. But, I didn't have a serial cable that went with the tivo (it uses a headphone jack on one side and serial port on the other). I did have some old headphones and a serial mouse. Some solder and a few hours later I had a working cable. All I needed to do was set up internet sharing on my laptop and hook it up. Needless to say, a few more hours later it actually worked. After all that it didn't even receive the update. Bah!

Let see: 1 part tivo + 1 part solder + 1 part PPP/internet sharing = total geek
I'm a geek too. - Friday, May 13, 2005 - |

Post a Comment

Did you mean to search for: total crap  


 

Search within results | Language Tools | Search Tips | Dissatisfied? Help us improve


Google Home - Blogger - Blogger Templates

© 2005 Implobbable